I usually find it kind of boring or annoying when writers write about writers (and about writers writing, especially, or even worse, about writers struggling to write), but Paul Auster has managed to do it well, both in his autobiographical Hand to Mouth (a review of which I wrote in 2006, though it was lost to the aether at the time and I never rewrote it), and in the book I’m reading now, Oracle Night. Continue reading
“The Incursus, by Asimov-NN#71” at Big Echo, Summer 2016.
“ἱερὸς γάμος [Hieros Gamos]” in Cthulhusattva: Tales of the Black Gnosis. Martian Migraine Press. 23 May 2016.
“The Bernoulli War” reprinted in Forever. Issue 14, March 2016.
"Beyond Mere Lotophagi." (A Scenario Generator for Lamentations of the Flame Princess and Other FRPG Games.) Green Devil Face #6. (March 2016)
"The Spurned Bride's Tears, Centuries Old, In the Rain" in Lontar 5, ed. Jason Erik Lundberg. (2015).
"The Return of Sarnath" in Cthulhu Fhtagn!, ed. Ross Lockhart. (2015).
Stuff to Read
Recent Music @ Soundcloud:
Series & Standout Posts
My ongoing series Blogging Ezra Pound's The Cantos.
My ongoing (but only occasionally updated) series on SF in South Korea.
A length discussion of music and the arts, and what we've let corporations do to our culture: What We Talk About When We Talk About Music
Talent Night: a short series on my first RPG game in fifteen years, examining a scenario I designed for Dread, gameplay, lessons learned, and even a free copy of the scenario.
Read in 2016
Read in 2015
My Languishing Flickr Stream
- The rip is a bit rough, but this is what’s available on Youtube,... April 5, 2016
- Ilhan Ersahin’s Wonderland, featuring Husnu Senlendirici…... March 26, 2016
- Oh, and I arrived at Hanna Wiskari Griffiths’s video via this... January 27, 2016
- And another track featuring Hanna Wiskari Griffiths, this one... January 27, 2016
- Good folk music performance by a group that calls itself NID,... January 27, 2016