Lately, I’ve been reconsidering a lot of my preconceptions of story and of writing. Today, I want to talk about one of them, and that one is: control. Continue reading
Il paese della giovinezza. (Future Fiction: 25 March 2017). Digital collection of short stories in Italian translation. (Edited by Francesco Verso, translated to Italian by Fabiano Fiore, cover art by Chiara Topo.)
"Prodigal" appeared in Chinese translation in Science Fiction World (03.2017).
“Prodigal” in Analog Science Fiction and Fact, December 2016.
“The Incursus, by Asimov-NN#71” at Big Echo, Summer 2016.
“ἱερὸς γάμος [Hieros Gamos]” in Cthulhusattva: Tales of the Black Gnosis. Martian Migraine Press. 23 May 2016.
“The Bernoulli War” reprinted in Forever. Issue 14, March 2016.
"Beyond Mere Lotophagi." (A Scenario Generator for Lamentations of the Flame Princess and Other FRPG Games.) Green Devil Face #6. (March 2016)
"The Spurned Bride's Tears, Centuries Old, In the Rain" in Lontar 5, ed. Jason Erik Lundberg. (2015).
"The Return of Sarnath" in Cthulhu Fhtagn!, ed. Ross Lockhart. (2015).
Stuff to Read
Recent Music @ Soundcloud:
Series & Standout Posts
My ongoing series Blogging Ezra Pound's The Cantos.
My ongoing (but only occasionally updated) series on SF in South Korea.
A length discussion of music and the arts, and what we've let corporations do to our culture: What We Talk About When We Talk About Music
Talent Night: a short series on my first RPG game in fifteen years, examining a scenario I designed for Dread, gameplay, lessons learned, and even a free copy of the scenario.
Read in 2017
Read in 2016
- This whole album is really great if you dig the harpsichord, but... May 2, 2017
- I was listening to Pepusch when I realized I could actually like... April 1, 2017
- Beautiful poster for a production of Treasure Island that was... April 1, 2017
- theplaylistfilm: Watch: ‘Steiner´s Workshop’ directed by Arturo... February 23, 2017
- Derek Brown’s beatbox approach to playing the sax. Seriously... November 17, 2016