Feeling Factoidy today, while catching up on friends’ blogs, like Kat’s:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they’re tagged (cut and run).
Okay. Um. Except I’m not going to go tag them. They notice, or they don’t, I’ll tag them here.
- I like chocolate. Too much. Like my father. “A sweet tooth is a curse,” as I think it was my sister Annie said. I’m not quite at the point of hiding chocolates around the house, though. Hope to never get there.
- Both of my big toes are currently screwed up. It has everything to do with my rubber clogs, which have cooperated with the crappy sidewalks in my neighborhood, in rain and shine alike, to cause me to slip or slide or misstep, always to the extreme pain of my big toes. One of them was black and blue just a few days ago.
- I’m scheduled for a medical exam in 10.5 hours from now. To check whether the asthma I’ve been living with since middle school is “really” asthma. (What else it might be is beyond me, but I guess we’ll see…)
- I have read precisely no Harry Potter books, but I own two. I bought the first one intending to read it and see what the fuss was about. My mom mailed me a hardback copy of the one about the Half-Blooded Prince. I feel slightly guilty not having read the latter, but have not yet been inclined to get past page three of the former.
- When I cook, it’s never just okay. It’s either really good, or really, really bad. Today, it was really, really bad.
- I own enough books to keep my busy for five years if I discard the ones that bore me after 30 pages, or seven-to-eight years if I read them all cover-to-cover.
- I’ve never been to Europe but really, truly want to go there someday. Of course the famous Western European cities, but also places like Romania, Ukraine, Poland, Estonia… and I’m thinking of visiting them next summer, funds willing. (We’ll see if it looks feasible, given the fact I’m vaguely hoping to actually ride the Trans-Siberian express from Vladivostok to Moscow next summer too.)
- I’m allergic as hell to dogs. I can’t live with them. A little time together, sure. Living, no. Lime’s the sufferer.
I tag… ah, hell, anyone who’s reading.