- The Music of Jo Hyeja Proceeds Apace
- The Music of Jo Hyeja is a Go…
- What I’ve Learned Shooting The Music of Jo Hyeja, Day1
- What I’ve Learned Shooting The Music of Jo Hyeja, Day 2
- What I’ve Learned Shooting The Music of Jo Hyeja, Day 3
- What I’ve Learned Shooting The Music of Jo Hyeja, Day 4
- The Music of Jo Hyeja: An Update (AKA My Work Begins)
- The Score for The Music of Jo Hyeja OST: Composed, But Rough
- The Music of Jo Hyeja — “Music” Finished, Sort Of
- The Music of Jo Hyeja: Audio Work Done
- The Music of Jo Hyeja: Done!
- Koreanizing Lovecraft (on a Budget)
- The Music of Jo Hyeja Trailer
- Brutal Rice Films—Out and Coming Soon!
I mentioned a while back that Miss Jiwaku and I are working on a Korean adaptation of the HP Lovecraft short story, “The Music of Erich Zann,” which we’ve titled The Music of Jo Hyeja.
It blows my mind to say it, since last weekend was overloaded, but… we’re shooting it this weekend.
We’ve got some of the locations locked in, we have some leads for things we need, and we just held auditions last week for the main parts. I was a bit worried, as one role in particular was seeming to turn out to be difficult to cast, but I think we have them mostly covered.
We do need a middle-aged man, just for a couple of scenes, and they’re the sort of thing almost anyone could do, actually — we don’t need an acting virtuouso for the part — except we don’t know any middle-aged guys who are likely to have the time and the interest. We also need to rent a haegeum (a Korean musical instrument) for this weekend, and are hoping to hear back from our one lead who might be able to help us know how to shoot it in a believable way, and record the soundtrack once the footage is shot.
Those holes in the planning are a bit alarming, but things seem to be moving forward nicely… there’s a lot to do if we’re going to be ready to shoot on 1 October, but I think we have a good chance of getting it done and having a successful three-day shoot. The post-production is going to be pretty intense, mind you, but that’s always how it is, isn’t it?
We also have been offered help by a pro cameraman, and he’s going to also help us get a good quality camera for the shoots. Which is essential, and quite exciting! I just hope we do it right!